Create a site plan that would accommodate an ambitious program in a small site, while providing for a healing garden.
- Use the garden as a unifying theme, where cars park in a courtyard setting that doubles as a tented event space
- Surround the Hospice House with various outdoor garden “rooms” that are used for bereavement programs and meditation as well as meeting spaces for staff
- Use an attractive trash enclosure as the background structure for an edible garden featuring culinary herbs, fruit trees and fruiting shrubs
- Arcs of brick paths link the various outdoor rooms and provide for donors to be identified on the bricks
- A semi-enclosed Meditation Garden is made the focus of an interior room designed as a spiritual space
- A Lost Children’s Garden encourages parents who have lost a child to bring gifts of stones to a pebble garden