Meditation Garden at Valley Care Medical Center
- Create new exterior meditation garden for patients, visitors and staff, adjacent to the Center’s Meditation Room.
- Site is adjacent to busy main entrance to the hospital; therefore creating a calming environment presented a special challenge.
- Create soft visual palette to distinguish the garden from its surroundings
- Use flowing water to create movement and create a distraction from adjacent activities
- Design walls that are interesting and effective in screening and creating privacy but not overwhelming
- Purple irises fill the water moat, creating a uniform and calming floral display
- A granite slab is used as a dramatic bridge over the water moat
- Unique seating is provided by a custom-designed bench for this site
- A carefully selected Japanese maple tree is a special focal point
- Glass walls and a woven steel fence create visual interest