Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars
Create a modern and interesting design that would not compete with the iconic vineyards and stunning landscape of the Napa Valley.
- Make the site more cohesive by using residual rocks and soils to create an intentional but natural graded transition from parking to the building promontory level
- Design new areas that visually integrate the overall site with a focus on native plants
- Use grasses that offer a simple and minimal palette and provide seasonality, growing and flowering in the spring and receding into the background when cut back in the fall
- Grasses provide solid yet ephemeral visual theme for the site
- Native shrubs provide natural bird habitat and screen the wine production facility
- Simple design can be maintained by winery personnel without specialized landscaping team